Thursday 18 August 2011

It's All About Me,Me Me..not by Toby Keith !

Another person who confronts Mark about his ethics gets added to his ever growing, Crazy List.  

Here’s what happens to inventors who cross Mark. The emails become endless as he attempts to convince the entire inventing community that an inventor is crazy. According to Tania these emails need correcting in just about every sentence so we’ll just leave these emails as nonsense from Mark.
You can see the highlighted part where he believes that when he helps to make a product in a manufactured sample he then becomes the inventor. This is why you will always hear him emphasize the word idea, rather than invention. The man who used to be in the inventing forums for endless hours a week claiming he just wanted to help people succeed and he was just being a nice guy, is clearly not the same man who wrote this?



From: Mark Reyland <mark@obviousideasllc.com>
Subject: RE: Hey...what's up with you
To: "'Kathleen Patrick-Partak'" <kp@intentionalwinninginlife.com>
Date: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 6:32 PM

Hi Kathy,
I suspected this had something to do with Tania – You are of course free to believe whatever you like, but frankly you never struck me as the kind of person who judged people on one side of the story. I did as much as I could to help her, and you know I did. In the end it was Tania who turned on us, calling me a crook and filing complaints with the patent office on my partner. She flat out LIED to them, and for her to say she developed Ba’Noodles without my help is another flat out lie. She had an idea, a good idea and I taught her the rest.
She turned into a nut case when her head got too big and when she started believing the crap I arranged for people to tell her about what a great inventor she was. That’s what I do Kathy – I help moms like her who have ZERO shot at anything really special happening in their lives and I pull the strings so they can be proud of themselves. Instead of being appreciative she turned on me like a pit-bull and started making major legal trouble for my partner by telling lies that fit into her fantasy.
Maybe you should use your own experiences with me to form your opinions Kathy – instead of taking the twisted second hand story Tania is peddling to make herself look like a victim.
I sleep well at night knowing I did everything I could to help her. It was ME who got her on that show, she was selected before she was even invited to California, it was all scripted but I didn’t want her to know that (ask her why the camera followed her from the moment she walked in the door, or why out of all those people she was last to be seen after they had sent most of the other home) – it was ME who MADE Sullivan pay for her trip to Florida and her Son – it was ME who had Anthony make a big deal out of her on the set of the commercial….it was ME who spent 40K on tooling and development for the Ba’Noodles, it was ME who sold my soul to Sullivan in a crappy deal to make sure that product made it to the market, It was ME who worked for hours in my shop making the prototypes that had to be sent to china, it was ME who spent hundreds of hours on the phone with her teaching her the art of development, it was ME who made her other prototypes, it was ME who made Sally’s prototypes and got the buyer at Pier one to look at them, it was ME who made sure Sullivan had a huge Swag-Bag of gifts for Tania when she was on the set, it was ME who rented a car because she was scared to drive……and my big mistake – it was ME who made everyone believe she was the real inventor of Ba’Noodles. Ask her the dimensions Kathy, or what material they are made of, ask her who decided on the sizes, and the styles, and the text, and the final look….ask her how wide one is….she had an IDEA – that’s it.
I think you get the point Kathy – You are so much smarter than this….
Good luck to you and Dave – your judgment of me is saddening
Mark

Kathy then confronted Mark with what he had admitted to her in the past and received this next email.

From: Mark Reyland <mark@obviousideasllc.com>
Subject: RE: Hey...what's up with you
To: "'Kathleen Patrick-Partak'" <kp@intentionalwinninginlife.com>
Date: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 4:28 PM

Kathy,
Please…..So all the things I did to help you, and all the time I spent can be simply boiled down to a few posts you don’t like on a forum and some crazy stories you were told by an unstable lady in Canada….pathetic. Maybe you should quit judging me Kathy….and if you absolutely feel the need to judge me, at least use all the data you have to work with.
As for the idea…absolutely, After many ideas that made no sense, Tania called and asked me what I thought about this idea. I said I thought it was a great idea…. And it was simple enough to use as a teaching tool for someone who knew nothing at all about the product development process. So I made her go through all the steps…..she made prototypes in her kitchen as an exercise in how to make prototypes, but not the ones that were used for production. I had to make those since they were far too complicated for her to make…I sent her the pictures as I did it….ask her, the same was true for all the parts of the process. Why she was learning them we were doing them for the actual parts. She knew this at the time, and she knows it now – but she doesn’t want to admit it. Ask her why she never sent her prototype to anyone?....ask her who developed the font for the name, and the size of the product, and who selected the metal and the outer material? – I have EVERY email Kathy, and although I don’t need to explain it to you or anyone else – I feel just fine that I treated Tania very well.
I never said I hoped to license anything…I said I would license it from her so I could justify investing my companies money on it…. I can’t just spend money without a return on the investment….It doesn’t work that way.
I have no idea what’s going on with you, and I have no idea why I have become the focus of how you define negativity, what I do know is that when you needed help I was there, when Tania, and Sally, and hundreds of others needed help I was there…I never asked for anything in return, and I gladly spent my money, my time, my connections, and my intellect trying to make your projects happen.
I feel fine about how I acted Kathy.
I’m sorry you and Dave are having such a hard time, under any other circumstances I would offer whatever help I could give – but frankly you sound almost as off base as Tania so I think the best move on my part is to stay as far away from you all as possible.
I would only ask that when you talk about me Kathy you use those things you know from your own experiences, and not the fabrications of your friends.
Good luck to you - Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment